Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am...

Have we ever tried imagining green pastures or meadows? Have we ever tried listening to the birds chirruping in the trees? How about the sound of the water when it beats on the rocks or the sound of the waves lashing at the shore? When was the last time the pleasant breeze filled your spirit with hope & self-confidence? When was the last time you seriously prayed to God, the Almighty, to bring peace to this world? When was the last time you helped someone bring a smile to their face? When was the last time someone smiled in gratitude to all that you had done for them?

I know it is not very easy to imagine all that. When I see the world around me, I only realize that I am busy with myself. I am jealous. I am egoistic. I am stubborn. I am selfish. I am blind to things that I do not want to see. I am deaf to things I do not want to hear. I am dumb to the things I know are right and so I do not want to say. I am always right even when I know I am wrong. I am irresponsible. I am the corrupt citizen that does anything for money. My conscience has withered. I am the silent spectator who feels that fighting injustice will only get me closer to my grave. I am the doctor who has silently promised to take away the life of my patients. I am the leader who knows what is bad for my people - I breed hatred, I kill innocents. I am the parent that does not correct my children when they are wrong. I am the law that can be misused. I am the youth that fights for freedom even when I am fully aware that I have enough and still pledge to be free – on my own – free from the rules, from the law – free to do anything that I choose. I am the 21st century. I am destructive. And finally, I am the End of the World to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment